Why have a road thermography study done?
We do road and highway thermography studies to:
- Understand and visualize the thermal heterogeneity on a road axis or spreading circuit.
- Identify and visualize specific points on a network.
- Adapt your road treatment policy. More specifically the higher priority road segments, as well as the creation of new road circuits.
- Décider objectivement de l’implantation des stations routières : points froids, zones représentatives.
- Increase the quality of your network’s forecasts.
To optimize human and economic means while increasing the network’s practicability and user security.
The relative temperature of a road segment varies with radiation conditions.
The thermal heterogeneity depends on radiation conditions; minimally under a covered sky and windy conditions, optimally under a clear sky with little to no wind.
In what conditions can a road thermography study be done?
We do a road thermography study under the following conditions:
- In winter
- Faible rayonnement solaire, nuits longues, sous-sol froid
- Dormant vegetation
- Few or no leaves in the trees
- In the second part of the night
- Between 00 and 06 am UTC
- On a dry network
- Under a clear sky
- Optimal ‘outgoing’ radiation
- With light winds
- Little or no turbulence